Raynes McCarty – An Unsurpassed Depth of Talent
In its fifth decade, the personal injury law firm of Raynes McCarty is known not only for its outstanding results, but for its commitment to its clients and the profession. While the firm has recovered more than a billion dollars for its clients, it shuns headlines to preserve confidentiality for its clients, who have suffered horrendous injuries and losses. “The culture of the firm—shared by every one of its members—is to devote extraordinary attention to each client,” says Stephen Raynes, who with Marty Brigham, leads the Firm.
Raynes blends the ability to passionately advocate for his clients with a commitment to the highest level of professionalism. His approach has been very effective, not only while on trial—where it has led to seven- and eight-figure recoveries—but also in his stewardship of the firm, where he has set the tone for building a hard-working, supportive environment.
“We believe that the client is best served by having great minds come together,” Raynes notes. “Our firm is unique in our depth of talented lawyers. We make a point of drawing upon that talent with each case, by putting together an incredibly strong team to help each client.”
Shortly after joining Raynes McCarty in 2004, Brigham was asked by founding partner Arthur Raynes to become the firm’s managing partner. Brigham’s ability to build consensus and shape the firm’s future has contributed to its ongoing success. He also heads the firm’s products liability group—which in one recent year secured more than $88 million in confidential settlements—and directs the firm’s in-house video productions, creating innovative trial exhibits and presentations about each client’s case.
With an unparalleled pool of experienced trial attorneys, the firm can assemble a team for a client’s case that includes the following:
– Roy DeCaro, lead attorney at more than 200 jury trials, and selected as Best Lawyers’ Philadelphia Lawyer of the Year for plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation in 2014;
– Chuck Hehmeyer, a malpractice attorney, nationally known for helping children with birth injuries and rare diseases, has changed standards of medical care and achieved the highest personal injury recoveries across the country for injured children;
– Tim Lawn, a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and teacher of trial advocacy, whose courtroom skills have resulted in multiple seven-figure jury verdicts throughout the state;
– Harold Goodman, a recognized appellate and civil rights attorney who has successfully argued four cases in the U.S. Supreme Court, ten cases in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, more than thirty cases in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and was selected as Best Lawyers’ Philadelphia Lawyer of the Year for employment law – individuals in 2014;
– Mark LeWinter, whose recoveries on behalf of injured workers over the past 25 years has resulted in his being invited to lecture on product liability law and trial advocacy more than 100 times;
– Regina Foley, past co-chair of the Women in the Profession Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association and selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer; and
– Amber Racine, Immediate Past President of The Barrister’s Association of Philadelphia; recognized by the Legal Intelligencer as a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” and selected as a “Rising Star” by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers;
Ultimately, Raynes McCarty clients don’t just have one lawyer; they have an entire team committed to their cause “Our advantage is that we are able to combine our talents seamlessly to secure each client’s future,” Brigham says.